http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/a-review-of-the-2016-solo-and-collaborative-exhibits-at-the-pca/Content?oid=1908614Click here to edit text
Art Review By Bill O'Driscoll "
Perhaps the most ethereal of these exhibits is Dafna Rehavia’s “Footsteps in the Sand,” like a surrealist boutique where nothing/everything is for sale. An old wooden chair cocooned in string hangs from ceiling, its shadow cast on the wall. Tiny books occupy a shelf; a rusty model-railroad track wrapped in yarn runs up the wall and across the ceiling. There are two sandboxes, one with a bench you wouldn’t want to sit on, on account of the nails sticking up, and despite the three pairs of gold-painted shoes tucked underneath. Incorporated text warns of the “The Trapp of Dualism.” So many elements are, like the chair, netted, in string or thread. Lots of white wall. The artifacts are all worn and faded, suggestive of former colors and heavy use, like objects of devotion we can neither surrender nor save."
Clinical Journal of Art Therapy :
Cover page: " Woman in the Window" .
An article: Repositioning artworks from patients suffering from Anorexia nervosa in gendered, socio-cultural context: A self- reflective study
Rituals and the docile body
Press Press Pub. 2015
Agora Gallery Exhibition Chelsea International award winning . Opening August 27th 2015
Click here to edit text
List of Selected Exhibition
· Art advocacy speaks; art for social change. Spinning Plate, Pittsburgh, PA (International)
· Footsteps In The Sand, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Pittsburgh, PA (SOLO)
· Cutting, (FGM) Fiber International, Society for Contemporary Craft, Pittsburgh, PA (International)
· Relationships, Small Works, FrameHouse & Jask galley, PSA, Pittsburgh, PA (AWARD)
· Re new Festival. GPAC Pittsburgh exhibition. Pittsburgh, PA.
· Slippery Rock University, Global images of U.S. Women. US (Traveling Exhibition)
· Cycle, Chatham University Gallery. Curated exhibition. Micro/Macrocosms. Pittsburgh, PA.
· Rituals and the Docile Body. CA Gallery Baltimore, MD, (SOLO)
· Cutting Series Suffolk University. Widening the Cycle, Boston, MA (International)
· Modernformations Retrospective. Pittsburgh, PA.
· Object I & I, Butler Ins. of American Art, AAP Annual. Howland Township. OH
· Remnant, Public Collection for hidden art works, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. (International)
· Annual exhibition of PSA, Panza Gallery. Millevaile. PA
· Malala, Small works, Most Wanted Fine Arts. Pittsburgh, PA.
· Lost Game, Carnegie International Response, 3ed St. .Gallery Carnegie, PA
· Menstrual Wedding Dress, Venues Madonna & Eve. Int. Images, Sewickley, PA
· Annual PSA, Father Ryan’s Art Center, McKee’s Rocks, PA
· Sanctuary, Panza Gallery, Melville, PA
· IN VISIBLE: When personal is Political, Modernformations Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA . (SOLO)
· Veterans Expression. FE Gallery. Pittsburgh, PA
· Collective, Christine Frechard Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
· Shelter, One Mellon Center Gallery, Society for Contemporary Craft. Pittsburgh, PA.
· Associated Artists of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Pittsburgh, PA
· Thread from the Body to Soul, Borelli Eduard Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA.
· Earth, Holocaust Memorial Exhibition, Lesley University Art Gallery Boston, MS
· ‘Earth and Fire’, Associated Artists of Pittsburgh, PCA, Pittsburgh, PA. (AWARD)
· ‘Testimony’ American Art Therapy Association, Sheraton, Chicago, IL
· Inside Out, Mendelson Gallery Pittsburgh, PA (SOLO)
· Women’s Reflection, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
· Witticisms, Criticisms, Cynicism, Print group Guild, PCA, Pittsburgh, PA.( AWARD)
· Open Spaces. Sarah Arman. Tel Aviv, Israel (SOLO)
2016 Pittsburgh Society of Artists, Framhouse & jack gallery. Pittsburgh, PA.
2015 Chelsea international competition, Agora Gallery, New York, NY
2006 Associated Artists of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. Pittsburgh, PA
2004 Pittsburgh Print Group Witticisms, Criticisms, Cynicism, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. Pittsburgh, PA
Community Art Projects
2017 Crossing the Line - Stamp and Pulp Org Artists Talk social Discussion. Pittsburgh
2017 Art as Therapy workshops for refugees relocated in Pittsburgh.
2014 Little Stories in the Sand, part II, Radiant Halls Open House Studios
2013 Little Stories in the Sand, part I, Radiant Hall Open House Studios
2012 The “Face” of Epilepsy, Naamat House, Andy Warhol Museum, Ed. Exhibition.